Saturday, July 23, 2011

My husband and I (before we were husband and wife) were visiting friends in LA and decided to try Korean BBQ.  Even though I'm obsessed with all things Asian I had never actually been to a Korean BBQ restaurant.  Genwa was very close to the theater where our friends' band was playing so we decided to give it a shot.

The prices are supposedly higher than a lot of Korean BBQ restaurants in LA but the quality was fabulous as was the service and presentation.  I'm pretty sure they give have the most side dishes, too.  We opted for one of the smaller packages that included a bottle of soju.


My favorite thing was the bibimbap.  I'm sure I made their eyes roll when they saw how much I like to cook my meat (they kept coming back and puting the meat on the sides so it wouldn't get over cooked even though that's how I like it).  It was fun to try everything.  My palate sways toward Sichuan, Thai and Japanese food and Korean food is totally different.  It might take a while to get used to this cuisine but I would sure love to try.  The experience was fun and really a tremendous value.

They do offer a la carte options too but I don't think it would be quite as exciting.  If you're going to LA and want to visit Genwa I recommend staying in a hotel with a mini fridge because there is no way you'll finish everything.

Genwa
5115 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
(323) 549-0760

No comments: